Sunday, June 6, 2010

ARCH1101 Elevator Development


Kerr's Elevator
I have made a few changes to the assembly of Kerr's elevator in which the initial pillars have become more encasing. This is to engross the occupier and the onlooker to the figure that the lift contains. The over-arching quality of the posts also allows me to enhance my concept of influential power in which spotlights can be installed to enforce the sense of admiration towards the display.



Keller's Elevator
The form of Keller's elevator did not undergo any change however the movement of the components in Crysis have been re-explored. Initially, I planned Keller's guide rails to continuously revolve and contract and expand as the elevator moves, however, considering her disability and dependence on her senses other than sight I have judged it unsafe for the client. Instead of the original plan I have opted to maintain that idea of free space for Keller but in the same time provide her with security by enclosing her lift with a cylindrical elevator shaft. In this way the concept of pulsating power is still explored but at the same time catering for the needs of the client.

No comments:

Post a Comment